Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Humble attempts of mastering Goals 1 and 3

I wish videos were working because I got some pretty awesome footage of Sawyer taking a bottle. Willingly and calmly. It's a Christmas miracle!!

Of course, not a normal bottle. A "binkie bottle."

I've thought for a long time about switching out the nipple with one of his thousands of binkies that he is addicted to.

So, I got a normal binkie




Trimmed it down with scissors, and poked holes on top with a needle



wrapped saran wrap around it so milk wouldn't leak and voila
Sawyer's very own binkie bottle.

I think he swallows a whopping five drops every time, but he is kind of getting the idea more and more.

I tried a sippy cup for the first time today. As soon as he figures out how to get his mouth around the spout, he soon realizes the milk dashes into his mouth. Sometimes he likes it, sometimes he pushes it away. He gave it a good try and that's what counts.




Lastly, rice cereal.

He doesn't eat it enthusiastically, and I don't expect him to. But of the three options, it's the least stressful for him to experiment with. Some of it is consumed, and the rest, well, you know..



I have a feeling, despite my well-meaning ambitions, that the g-tube will become my best friend. And that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment