Thursday, June 16, 2011

a very appropriate nursery rhyme

Horsey Horsey on your way

We've been gone for many a day

So let your tail go swoosh

And your wheels go 'round

Giddyup! We're homeward bound



WOWEEE what a day.

I should be in bed, but I'm still running on the adrenaline that has accumulated over the past few weeks. Discharge went very smoothly. I think I was expecting more leg work on our end, but not so. We rolled out around 1:00 pm. By the time we approached Bountiful, Sawyer was fast asleep. He slept for a good hour and then it was time to eat. We pulled over somewhere near Malad and fed him slowly with a syringe. He fell asleep again for 20 mins and suddenly we were home!

For his six and nine o'clock feeds we used the Kangaroo pump and finally he fell asleep while I rocked him and Taylor put his crib together. He looks like a tiny baby in it, but I don't mind one bit ;)

We had dinner at my brother's. Sawyer loved all the interaction. It was all very surreal to have Sawyer with me- I had to keep reminding myself that I needed to pay attention to that tiny detail instead of always wandering off to the kitchen looking for some grub.

It's been a great day and we are happy to be home. I miss everyone already. Thanks a million to my NICU family for everything, start to finish. I will always keep this time in my life very dear to my heart.

4 comments:

  1. Such cute cute pictures. I am going through Sawyer and Vanessa withdrawls. I am so glad you had a good drive and night home. Miss you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There truly is No place like home! And how wonderful for technology to keep in touch with PCMC friends, right? I will have to let you know when we are in Pocatello visiting my parents next time so Tanzi can come say hi to Sawyer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhhh this made me SO happy! I think he has your smile, infectious. I know the feeling, thinking, "oh yeah, I have a kid" haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to come visit and Harper and Sawyer can have a proper greeting

    ReplyDelete