Saturday, June 4, 2011

I have my baby back!

After five days of the annoying breathing tube, Sawyer was finally taken off last night. It went really well. We knew it was time because he gave Taylor a few huge smiles and tooted a few times. We both skipped dinner on accident, so by the time Sawyer was comfortably asleep sans the ventilator, we snuck out and grabbed yummy fast food on the way home. I slept for a few hours, and jumped out of bed at 6:00 am to hurry to the hospital because I have missed my baby boy. He is on a high-flow nasal cannula (oxygen) for backup. He should be off of it by tonight. He sounds like a lamb when he cries. Just a hit of morphine  and Adavan (sp) calms him down. He is currently playing with his mobile toy and chewing on his fingers. Grandpa should be here soon. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment