Saturday, March 2, 2013

The past six months in pictures (Fall)





I got a little behind with blogging.

I discovered Instagram last August when we went to Virginia to visit Taylor (did that really happen?!) when he was completing training as a Navy reservist. And truthfully, Instagram is way more convenient than facebook AND blogging, so I hope I can be forgiven for neglecting my blogging duties.

Last September, Daddy came home from Virginia. Yay! Sawyer became a new little boy as soon as we were all together again. I'm so thankful he was too young to understand time/distance, and that when Taylor held him for the first time, he warmed right up. It was a smooth transition, and I'm so glad it's done and over with.

Taylor jumped right in and helped Sawyer with eating. Taylor must have a secret effect on Sawyer's taste buds because suddenly food was interesting and safe. Sawyer started to eat here and there, and it was less of a chore.

He also started talking right when Taylor got home. With October approaching, suddenly pumpkins were the topic of all of Sawyer's conversations. He LOVED pumpkins. I think he loved that he could communicate what they were (popo). And they were everywhere we went, every show on TV, and all day long he would excitedly point and repeat a million times "popo!!" Cute, but Christmas couldn't have come sooner.

He also is incredibly obsessed with cars and trucks. Anything with wheels. So one of the first things we did when Taylor got home was purchase a Little Tykes buggy/car. He spent a week sitting in it. He ate his food in there, he pooped his pants in there. It was his little hub. It became evident that he is easily fascinated and easily obsessive. His little personality really started to come out and I began to realize what a smart, persistent, opinionated individual he is. The trick is to make it work in my favor when it comes to eating, talking, and surviving terrible two's.

No comments:

Post a Comment