Friday, September 2, 2011

The Most Robust Esophageal Atresia Baby

That is what Dr. O'Gorman said when she assessed Sawyer during the Dysphagia clinic. And she is right!! All those who assessed him had nothing but positive comments and observations about our chunky Sawyer. The only changes we made were to do continuous feeding during the night, which means I get a break from 9 pm-3 am. I wake up at 6:00 am and feel well-rested enough to start his feed and actually stay awake.

It was comforting to hear repeatedly from some of the Dysphagia therapists/ RD that they've seen kids resist food and suddenly decide they want to eat and go to town. I really needed to hear that. As I type that, Sawyer is sucking on a gummy worm. Cautiously of course, but he hasn't thrown it across the room yet. 

The Urology appointment went as expected. His left teste has dropped some, but his right is still up there pretty far. As I understand it, we will watch them for a few months, and if they haven't dropped on their own, they will be surgically descended, hopefully in December before the new year.

The best part of the day was seeing you NICU nurses and staff! Sawyer remembers your faces and voices because he doesn't usually let just anyone hold him. I also fulfilled my oatmeal raisin cookie craving from the Rainbow Café for breakfast. Them cookies are good. Them cookies are awesome. Them cookies are delicious.


This is totally unrelated but there is a possibility that Taylor's job could take us to Salt Lake City or Washington or Tennessee. We'll know better in a month, so I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's all I've been thinking about for a week. I love Washington! But for Sawyer's sake, I'd love to stay close to Primary Children's and for my sake, close to the Rainbow Café. 







No comments:

Post a Comment